The BBL-IS has 4 sides presenting seamless and perspective coherent 3D images.
The acrylic coated screens from DaLite are the most visible part of the system, they present the image with a high contrast ratio and brightness transfer from the video projectors. The biggest is 2.8 m wide and 2.4 m height.
There are seven TITAN QUAD 3D from Digital Projection capable of showing high resolution images at a very high speed (120 image per second).
The screens offer a brightness up to 1605 cd/m² and a resolution of 4 Arcmin/OLP.
To react to each user movements the BBL-IS use a Vicon optical motion tracking system composed of 8 Bonita 3 cameras. The system is able to perform full-body motion capture in real time for seamless interaction. We can record the body movement to study the dynamic of mouvements according to the virtual situation.
The BBL-IS simulation scenes are powered by a workstation cluster structured with one master node and seven client nodes. Each node is a Z800 workstation from HP company with a 12-core Xeon processor, 18 Gb of RAM and a professional nVidia Quadro K5200 graphic card capable of driving stereoscopic 3D devices.
A Denon AVR-1312 sound system is used by the BBL-IS to simulate an accurate sound environment. This 5.1 surround system can simulate a sound located at 360° in each direction.
A Multimodal System
The BBL-IS is in a complete synergy with all the other modules of the BBL, like the fMRI and the EEG lab.
Moreover, it can be coupled with multiple devices to extent the stimulation and recording capabilities.
- Olfactomer capable to deliver 28 different odors, adressing each nostrils separatly and with a very low latency (half a second).
- FACSGen accurate facial expressions controlled by action units (More info).
- HRTF sounds for accurate and personalized sound spatialization.
- Real-time eye-tracking with SMI Eye Tracking Glasses.
- Full body motion capture and analysis with 8 Vicon Bonita cameras and Vicon Nexus.
- Physiological signals with BioNomadix: ECG, EMG, PPGED, EDA, respiration and skin temperature.
- Wireless Physiological signals with Empatica Smart watch: Blood Volume Pulse, Galvanic Skin Response, Skin Temperature and 3-axis Acceleration.
- EEG signals with a 256 channels BioSemi setup.